Faucet and Shower Tips
How to Increase the Water Flow From a Shower Head
New shower heads have a flow restrictor to conserve water. To increase the water flow, remove the flow restrictor:
- Unscrew the swivel connector from the top of the shower head.
- Turn the swivel connector upside down.
- Push a screwdriver through the swivel connector to pop out the small, round, plastic flow restrictor.
How to Clean a Polished Brass PVD or Satin Nickel PVD Faucet
In general, any cleaning product that can be used on chrome can be used on PVD finishes.
Before using a cleaner, read the instructions, contents, and cautions before using it.
As with any decorative surface, with proper care, your faucet will retain its shine for years to come.
The PVD finish of our faucets does not require the extraordinary effort needed to maintain most fine decorative finishes.
Do not use pads or sponges that are not recommended for cleaning polished surfaces. Review the usage instructions of scour pads or scrub sponges, before using them on your faucets.
Caution: Many cleaning pads or sponges with a green fibrous surface (such as Scotch-Brite™ heavy duty scrub sponges) contain microscopic mineral particles that can scratch nearly all decorative and polished surfaces, including the finish on your faucets.
Rinse any strong cleaners off immediately after use, to maintain the luster of the PVD finish.
Mild scrubbing with fine steel wool (0000 grade) can remove built up dirt or water stains.
Water spots can be wiped off with a soft cloth dampened with water or glass cleaner.
How to Winterize a Coventry Brassworks Exposed Thermostatic Shower System
To winterize a thermostatic shower set so that the pipes and shower parts do not burst in freezing temperatures:
- Turn the water off to the entire house.
- Open the volume control lever on the thermostatic shower set and allow all the water to drain out.
- Open the diverter on the thermostatic shower set and allow all the water to drain out.
- Remove the rainhead shower head from the thermostatic shower set.
- Remove the hand-held shower wand and allow all the water to drain out of the flexible metal hose.
- Remove the thermostatic cartridge from the thermostatic shower set. Rub Vaseline on the O rings (rubber seals) of the thermostatic cartridge. Place the thermostatic cartridge in a bag and store it in your bathroom closet or cabinet.
How to Attach a Ceramic Button on a Faucet Handle
To re-attach a ceramic button, use a two-part epoxy adhesive that is strong, waterproof, clear, and quick drying, such as Gorilla epoxy adhesive.